KING'S HAWAIIAN fans love this go-to dessert recipe, especially when we top it with our Coconut Syrup! It's so simple to make and can be prepared ahead of time so you can relax and spend time with your family and guests on weekend mornings.
- Creamy Coconut Bread Pudding Mix - (8 oz. bag)
- Choice of KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Bread:
- Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls (12 pack-use all 12 rolls)
- Original Hawaiian Sweet Sliced Bread (use 9 slices)
- Original Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread (use 3/4 of loaf)
- 2 cups water
- 4 large eggs (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 8x8 baking pan. Vegetable oil spray is okay. Be sure to use a standard baking pan and NOT a disposable pan (sides are too short).
- Cut your choice of KING'S HAWAIIANÂ¨ Original Hawaiian Sweet Bread into 1-inch cubes. Place bread cubes evenly into 8x8 greased pan.
- Option: Gently toss 1/2 cup of raisins with cubed bread in a large bowl until evenly combined before placing into 8x8 pan.
BREAD PUDDING PREPARATION:
- In a small bowl, melt 3 tablespoons of salted butter, then cool and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat 4 large eggs and set aside.
- Next, add 2 cups of water into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk bread pudding mix (entire contents of bag) with water.
- Next, add beaten eggs and melted butter.
- Whisk together until mixture is smooth.
- Option: Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for a bolder vanilla flavor
- Pour bread pudding sauce OVER cut (cubed) sweet bread in 8x8 pan. Be sure to soake sweet bread thoroughly with sauce.
- Cover 8x8 pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for additional 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on cooling rack for approximately 1 hour, then cut into squares and serve.