Shoyu chicken is also called soy sauce chicken and it is an iconic local Hawaiian meal. Easily make it at home with this mix. Serve with white rice and a scoop of macaroni salad for an authentic Hawaiian plate lunch.
- Gluten Free
- Easy to make powder mix
- Makes up to 2.5 lbs of chicken
- Net weight: 9 oz
- Shoyu Chicken Mix 9 oz bag
- 3 ½ cups water
- 6 large chicken thighs
- In a Large Pot, Whisk Shoyu Chicken Mix (entire contents of bag) into 3-1/2 Cups Water. Whisk for approximately 10 seconds or until well incorporated.
- Next, add 6 large chicken thighs to mixture, skin side up. Depending on the chicken thigh size, you may be able to add more, but do not exceed 1 layer of chicken.
- Bring shoyu chicken to a vigorous rolling boil and continue to boil for an additional 10 minutes (pot uncovered).
- Caution: Reduce heat if liquid starts or is close to overflowing.
- After boiling on high for 10 minutes, lower heat to a medium to medium-high (still bubbling but not so aggressively) and continue to boil (pot uncovered) for an additional 45-50 minutes or until liquid is reduced to a nice glaze. Turn/flip chicken every 10-15 minutes for even cooking and flavor absorption. Be sure to end cooking with the chicken skin side up to prevent the skin from sticking to the pot. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
NOTE: You may use other chicken parts but be sure not exceed 1 layer of chicken in pot.
POT SIZE: For best results, use a 9.5" X4" size pot or a large pot comparable in size and able to hold 1 layer of 6 chicken thighs.
This product is proudly made in Hawai'i!
Ingredients: Cane Sugar, Soy Sauce (Soybeans, Salt, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Salt), Salt, Ginger Powder, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Black Pepper.
Disclaimer: Contains SOYBEANS
Storage Recommendation: This item is heat sensitive. Please store package dry mix (unopened/unprepared) in a cool dry place, away from any heat source, and warm temperatures.