Traditional cinnamon rolls take quite a bit of time and effort to make from scratch. You’ll save hours by simply using KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls instead of making the dough yourself.
12 Minute Read
Traditional cinnamon rolls take quite a bit of time and effort to make from scratch. You’ll save hours by simply using KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls instead of making the dough yourself. Here’s a quick and easy cinnamon roll recipe that would make a delicious part of your holiday breakfast table—or any table, at any time, for that matter!
makes 9 rolls, or more if you use a larger baking dish
- Nonstick cooking spray or butter
- 2 Pack KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
- ½ c. butter, softened
- ¼ c. honey
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon Sugar:
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or add non-stick spray to sides and bottom of baking dish (I used a 9X9 casserole dish, but you could go bigger or smaller depending on how many you wish to make).
- Slice each roll about ¾ of the way across horizontally, but not all the way through
- Combine the softened butter, honey, vanilla and powdered sugar in a small bowl until thoroughly mixed. Spread the inside of each roll generously with the honey butter. Then spread the honey butter on the sides of each individual roll where they touch each other.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle inside each roll and in between each roll where you added butter.
- Spread a thin layer of honey butter on top of each roll. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. You may have extra butter and the sugar left over, but both are delicious spread or sprinkled on toast, sweet potatoes, or other yummy food so it won’t go to waste.
- Cover with foil and bake 20-25 minutes until warm.
- Remove from oven. Combine powdered sugar and milk until desired consistency is reached. It should be the consistency of thin icing. Drizzle over the rolls and serve warm. MELT into the deliciousness!
The resulting rolls are wonderful melt-in-your-mouth decadence. As you can see, cinnamon rolls don’t have to take all day to make. KING'S HAWAIIAN has you covered with this easy and delicious breakfast recipe that your family will love!
You can print the recipe here.